Some of Josh’s Favorite Things
This month, my “favorite things” is going to start with my most favorite thing ever.
Now that the sappy part is out of the way, let’s move on to more fun stuff:
1. How to make a dog kennel from an Ikea shopping bag and camping mattress. I think Ikea Hackers is one of the most brilliant blogs around. Readers take products from Ikea and repurpose them or modify them to fit their needs, submit photos and instructions, and moderators post them for all to see. I have been inspired by lots of these projects, but this one speaks directly to the dog lover in me.
2. The HumungaStache by Moody Pet (and all of their other products). Hilarious. I wish I had enough to send every single one of my foster dogs home with one for all of eternity. Heck, I wish I had just one so I could make Lucy walk around New York City with it on!
3. Moleskine Passions Dog Journal. There seems to be a journal like this for every other significant event in life: births, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, etc. So why not have a journal to document your new canine family member?
4. Here’s a “Dog Balancing On A Chain.” I saw this video on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and immediately shared it on my own Facebook page – but I also want to share it here. Dogs doing tricks like this amaze me.
5. The Animal Planet reality show Pit Bulls & Parolees. I know we all already watch this show, but it still deserves a shout out. Especially this video of an amazing Frisbee dog.
6. This photo from Love and a Six-Foot Leash‘s Facebook Page:
That would be the wonderful Sir Chick with his foster brother Snickerdoodle modeling some pretty darn fancy bowties from Sirius Republic! This photo led us to the discovery of our next favorite thing…
7. A new line of collars from Sirius Republic that will benefit Love-A-Bull, an Austin, TX based pittie rescue and advocacy group through which Snickerdoodle is currently adoptable! Here are the new gorgeous collars, of which 20% of all proceeds will go directly to Love-A-Bull:
Head over to Love and a Six Foot Leash’s blog post for more information!
8. Lastly, we love CONTESTS! So here’s one for all of you. Leave a comment on this post with one of your favorite dog-related things: a product, company, service, video, blog – whatever! We’re leaving this open-ended because we want to know what YOU love. Tell your friends to tell us what THEY love. And what’s the prize for this fun little contest? $50 worth of food or treats (of YOUR choice) from Mr. Chewy (yet another one of our favorite things)! Our winner will be chosen by an online randomizer and the only restriction is that you must comment by midnight tonight, January 27, 2012.
So get commenting, friends!