Tales From A Terrier (The Scruffy Kind)
This weekend I got to check out what my mom is always chatting about – the notorious Pittie walk! I already liked this group because they don’t exclude any breeds – as long as you can appreciate those muscle-ly, big headed dogs.
Since this was my first time out, I needed a wing dog so I invited one of my besties: Alice and her mom. As you can see, Alice is like me – not pittie at all! I convinced her we would have a long walk, lots of sunshine and, if we behaved, lots of treats! The gentle leader is my walking tool of choice – okay, not mine but my mom’s. Poor Alice had to put one on because her mom assumed she would pull with all the excitement of the Riverside walk.
All the pitties were super nice and friendly (aren’t most of them?). I even tolerated Pinky, who is a little jumping machine. She seemed to know my mom and that was VERY confusing to me. I got worried I would have to share my mom with Pinky, but thank goodness she was attached to a nice guy named Josh. We became fast acquaintances. See, here is a pic of me being polite and letting her sniff me…
There is so much to say but I am so tired from the big walk – Riverside Drive and 95th Street to 57th Street! Here are some highlights:
- Remi LOVES squirrels.
- Jackson seemed very sweet!
- Havi is a leader, she even wears a backpack. I assume she had lots of kibble in there in case we got lost!
- Gertie and her mom picked a sweet route to walk. Why?
- Paths were wide. Great for dogs like me who can occasionally react to those folks on bikes.
- It was beautiful. We walked RIGHT next to the Hudson River most of the walk!
- There was grass most of the time – for pee breaks, sniffing and laying down if you needed it.
- And lastly, the cutest puppy was there – Dosa! She has the pretty eyes and she looked a little nervous at first and didn’t want to walk. We were all so proud and she kept walking the entire time! I think she liked being part of a pack of grown-up dogs.
Here’s a gallery to tide you over till next time…Bird